Kelley Bottalico. She is our Director of Social Media and all around bad ass lady. If you are looking at our page it is probably because she got you here through one of our Social Media accounts. To know Kelley is to see what she has overcome to get here and "The Hair" is all you need. It wasn't pretty, but she rocked it and parlayed it into being a kick ass mom to 2 kids and a nice wife to her husband sometimes. She has experience in teaching as well as the service industry so you know her patience is on point. She guest stars on Dad Fiction and adds a ton of comic relief. I believe that she will be a much bigger star than she is now and I am glad we have her on the team for now.
I'm a 35 year-old single dad, and I love every adorable/frustrating/nonsensical minute of it.
I've spent all my life in San Diego, and to be honest I don't see that ever changing. I have an amazing group of friends, most of whom I've known 15 years or more, and every one of them knows to destroy any/all of my computers in the event of my untimely death. My parents, who are also in San Diego, celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary this year. My dad still calls my mom everyday on his way home to see what, if anything, my mom needs him to pick up before he arrives. I think it's pretty awesome.
Here are some lesser known facts:
- I prefer the Oxford comma, and the ellipsis...
- Ron Swanson is my spirit animal.
- Chandler Bing had an inexplicable influence on my personality, and all of my mannerisms growing up.
- I secretly wonder if anyone has ever fallen off potato chip rock while taking an OkCupid profile pic... speaking of chips:
- I can eat just one Lays potato chip.
- I really enjoy the art of M.C. Escher.
- As a child I wanted to grow up to be Inspector #6... you know like when you reach into your pocket and there's a little sticker that reads "Inspected by #6." That guy.
- I won a taco eating contest in 6th grade (8 Taco Bell soft tacos in 2 minutes, no big deal).
- Chris Daughtry looks like me, only skinnier, and rich, and somewhat more talented.
- I still have my movie ticket stub from Tommy Boy from 1994, and 300+ others from the 90s... I collected them.
- I'd rather be kicked in the groin than eat a spoonful of mayonnaise (the worst thing on earth).
- Once, I almost got in a drunken dance off with Jack Black.
- same night I embarrassed myself in front of Tim Robbins (nice name drops right?).
- I've spent most of my life within 2 miles of the ocean, but have never been on a surfboard.
- I'm Portuguese/Italian and get unfathomably sea-sick in/on any sea craft (absolutely, disgracefully pathetic... I know).
- If I kill a spider, I sometimes convince myself
that its mother is near, and she has a vendetta against me for killing her baby. It's especially alarming because I'm sure she can fly at that point and I want no part of that. It costs me more hours of sleep than it should.
Ryan Gonzales. You can tell I do the website because there are probably misspellings and grammatical errors all over the place. I do that so that AJ goes red when he sees them and it is fun for me. I am a pretty simple guy. I like the Dodgers, Raiders, Seinfeld, The Office, Saved by the Bell, Rocky IV and the Devil Wears Prada. I will swim in the ocean but not past my knees I hate clowns because of "IT." And I have 3 kids who are really awesome little monsters. My wife Amanda puts up with all of my crap and deserves a medal because she has a ton of other offers out there I am sure. I love to make her and my kids laugh and I tell them every single day that I love them. Other than that you hear it all on The Dad Fiction Podcast. If there are Misspellings out there tell AJ first. then me.